With centralized capture solutions, all servers and workstations are located on the local network infrastructure. All system administration, management and CPU intensive processing is handled locally. All scanning, quality control, and indexing is handled via users at their workstations.
When to consider Centralized Capture ?
1. Current physical document processing requires significant manual labor and time.
2. All items to be scanned are local such as a warehouse or other document library
3. All documents are sent to one location such as a mailroom
4. Only a couple of scanners are required to handle the volume
5. All personnel required to scan are located at one location
Centralized Capture Solutions have many benefits, but these benefits must be evaluated against the possibility of using a Distributed Capture solution:
1. All personnel and hardware located/managed at one location
2. Management of scanned documents simplified and issues are quickly addressed
3. Changes to the workflow or other business processes are easily modified
Infocap Centralized Capture Services
Assist with defining
your capture requirements
Design a solution
“Best Practice” standards
Assist with deploying
the designed solution
Assist with the
development and delivery
Provide remote and
onsite technical support
Secure distributed capture leverages desktop scanners, multi-function devices, shared network scanners, smart phones, and tablets to extend existing business processes to customer facing employees, and/or distribute high-volume capture to multiple facilities. By extending your capture process out into your remote offices and employees, you leverage local expertise to accomplish the basic tasks of turning paper documents into digital images. Automation classifies the images into document types and extracts the relevant data to populate your back end business processes.
When to consider a Distributed Capture Solution?
1. Multiple high or low volume remote capture sites
2. Need to speed time to delivery of business critical information
3. Business process that benefits from enabling power users
1. Improved Accuracy & Speed to Decision Making: By accurately capturing more of the critical data that drives high value decisions at the earliest possible time, employees and managers are far more responsive to customer, partner, and supplier demands. The result is a significant improvement in operational performance and agility.
2. Increased Value & Productivity of Imaging Infrastructure: Integrated capture features enable agencies to initiate essential back-office workflows from a variety of distributed remote capture sites, general purpose devices such as MFPs, network scanners, smartphones, and tablets.
3. Lower Costs: Agencies with multiple locations can drastically reduce the costs associated with sending documents from a branch office to headquarters for processing.
Infocap Distributed Capture Services
Architect distributed capture
Help design transformation