Secure distributed capture leverages desktop scanners, multi-function devices, shared network scanners, smart phones, and tablets to extend existing business processes to customer facing employees, and/or distribute high-volume capture to multiple facilities. By extending your capture process out into your remote offices and employees, you leverage local expertise to accomplish the basic tasks of turning paper documents into digital images. Automation classifies the images into document types and extracts the relevant data to populate your back end business processes.
When to consider distributed capture
1. Multiple high or low volume remote capture sites
2. Need to speed time to delivery of business critical information
3. Business process that benefits from enabling power users
1. Improved Accuracy & Speed to Decision Making: By accurately capturing more of the critical data that drives high value decisions at the earliest possible time, employees and managers are far more responsive to customer, partner, and supplier demands. The result is a significant improvement in operational performance and agility.
2. Increased Value & Productivity of Imaging Infrastructure: Integrated capture features enable agencies to initiate essential back-office workflows from a variety of distributed remote capture sites, general purpose devices such as MFPs, network scanners, smartphones, and tablets.
3. Lower Costs: Agencies with multiple locations can drastically reduce the costs associated with sending documents from a branch office to headquarters for processing.